March 29, 2012

Fry's Run! How many sponges do we really need?? LOL


First Transaction:

Walgreens
(4) Colgate Total Toothpaste 3/$6
*When you buy 2 you get a $3 Register Reward for your next trip.
*I did 2 seperation transaction and got $6 Register Rewards which I used towards my Fry's trip.
TAC= $4.50 + $6 Register Rewards
SAVED= $8.16

**Planning ahead like this can save you money. Knowing my husband needed toothpaste and knowing I was going to have to pay for part of my Fry's trip, my first stop was Walgreens.

Second Transaction:

Fry's trip was done in 3 transactions. Coupon policy is they will double 3 like coupons per transaction. So I made sure I had written down which items were in each transaction so I knew ALL coupons would be doubled.

(20) Brillo Sponges 2pk. FREE (40 SPONGES TOTAL *FREE*)
(5) Suave Deoderants FREE
(6) Lysol Toilet Cleaners $1.50
(5) Colgate Toothbrushes FREE
(1) Colgate Toothpaste FREE
(2) Pledge Sprays $3.98
(2) Pledge Multi Surface Sprays $3.98
(2) Silk Milks .50cents
(8) Betty Crocker Potatoes $4
(2) Dozen Eggs .99cents
(1) Carefree Liners FREE
*Extra not pictured: 3 thick cut porkchops, 1 gallon of Milk, Aunt Hatties Texas Toast and a body pouff
TAC= $27.67 (was $33.67 but I used my $6 Register Rewards)
SAVED= $113.41

Its takes time and patience to figure all this out. Having a cashier that messes it up in not something I wanted to deal with! But in the end I got just about everything on my list. I make an excel sheet with each item and the amount of that item I need. Then section it into transaction. Doing this helps a lot when you get to the checkout! Expect when the cashier removes the plastic divider and starts ringing up everything at once! But good thing I had everything written down or I would probably still be there trying to figure it all out!

Dinner Idea:
3 Pork Chops
1 Pack of Potatoes (Box of Potatoes were .50cents, their is 2 packs of potatoes per box)
=$9.27 for dinner for 2 people / $4.63 per person for dinner!

The butter I will be adding to the potatoes was free as well as the seasoning I will use for the pork chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment